[OpenID board] April 16, 2020 Executive Committee Call Minutes

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 24 19:27:02 UTC 2020

April 16, 2020 Executive Committee Call Minutes

Present:
Don Thibeau, Executive Director
Mike Jones
Bjorn Hjelm
John Bradley
George Fletcher

Absent:
Nat Sakimura

Visitors:
Mike Leszcz, OpenID Foundation
Tom Smedinghoff, Locke Lord LLP

1.       Public Health and Economic Crisis
We are obviously saving funds on travel and conference participation at present.  We are thinking about ways to save money across the board.  We will honor existing contracts.

2.       Virtualization of Events
We have moved all of our planned events online.  The day before IIW will be a FAPI online workshop co-hosted with OBIE, rather than an all-foundation workshop.  We expect over 100 attendees online.  There is also an eKYC-IDA workshop with SWIFT being planned.  Other virtual events are also under consideration.  Bjorn pointed out that a casualty of the present situation is ad-hoc cross-fertilization among working groups.  We are looking at targeted ways of engaging people whose interests align with the OpenID Foundation.

3.       Other Agenda Items
Some of the other items had been requested by Nat and so we decided to defer them.

4.       Next Meeting
There will be a board call on Thursday, April 30th at 3pm Pacific Time.