[OpenID board] Updated Privacy Policy for OpenID Foundation

Don Thibeau don at oidf.org
Mon Feb 6 15:46:03 UTC 2017

OpenID Foundation Board of Directors:

Please find attached an updated draft of the OpenID Foundation Website Privacy Policy. This update insures that openid.net complies with new requirements from the UK and European Union, e.g. user consent re: cookies, etc. The Executive Committee has discussed various drafts at length to ensure the minimal use of members' and non members' personally identifying information and strict limitations on reuse.

OpenID Foundation Counsel, Tom Smedinghoff, has collaborated closely with his UK and EU based partners and privacy experts to ensure the global compliance of this updated policy.  OpenID Foundation Chairman, Nat Sakimura, personally reviewed this proposed Privacy Policy for sensitive international issues. Nat's requested changes are reflected in the attached.

This is to request you review this final draft and provide any comments, questions, etc. asap.
We will note feedback prior to our planned vote to adopt this updated policy at our Board Meeting in San Francisco on February 15.