[OpenID board] January 8, 2015 OpenID Executive Committee Call Minutes

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 15 22:50:05 UTC 2015

January 8, 2015 OpenID Executive Committee Call Minutes

Present:
Don Thibeau, Executive Director
Mike Jones
Nat Sakimura
George Fletcher
John Bradley
Adam Dawes

Visitors:
John Ehrig, Global Inventures
Tom Smedinghoff, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP
Mike Leszcz, Open Identity Exchange (OIX)
Roger Casals, Symantec

1.      Self-Certification & Registration Workflow
Don reviewed a new workflow document.  Adam asked about how we describe services versus software products.  He was thinking of the list maybe being a whitelist.  John said that it's not a whitelist.  Mike clarified that our certification work applies to both software and services.  People should review the parts of the legal docs used to describe the deployment being certified and see if there's additional information we'd like to enable those seeking certification to provide.  We may want to give implementers optional space to write down anything about their deployments that they believe would be useful to others.

2.      Certification Legal Documents
Tom Smedinghoff reviewed the certification legal documents.  Tom asked us to consider whether three years is the right lifetime for a certification.  George asked what the process would be if the OIDF terminates a certification and the implementer considers the removal to have been in error.  Tom replied that there isn't currently a defined process.  Mike stated that the documents already define a lightweight process - communication via the certification at oidf.net<mailto:certification at oidf.net> mailing list.  Tom also pointed out that there's an overall legal assumption that contracts are administered in an even-handed manner.

Don and Tom plan to review the current legal docs with Microsoft standards lawyers, Mike Jones, and Tony Nadalin on Monday, with all but Tom being there in person.

A hosting agreement with Symantec is being worked on.  We may also enter into an agreement with Global Inventures for administering the certification program.

3.      Other Certification Work
Roland Hedberg continues working on the testing software and deployment.  Several parties are actively testing their OPs and providing feedback on the tests.  The marketing committee is working on a launch plan.  Symantec is helping lead the launch PR effort.