[OpenID board] [Board-ec] Fwd: JTC1_N13405-Proposal for a liaison C between Open ID Foundation and ISO/IEC JTC1 SC27 WG5

Kaliya Identity Woman identitywoman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 22:31:42 UTC 2014

The ITU-T is a  stateist large monopoly/ologoply telco place.

They really like the idea that people have to have phone numbers an "one" of them that is a persistent correlateable  identifier.
 How people are free to create and use different persona's in the digital world and not have everything they to all easily linked together because of the predominance of  persistent correlateable  identifiers that become "required".  That to get a SIM you in many places have to show ID and have it recorded in the big database.

I asked Don last time we were in person if the GSMA in its use/adoption of OpenID was going to enable people to easily have more then one profile on their device. He basically said they hadn't thought of it and in effect said "nope".

We (across this and many other organizations) have a big issue where the populations most effected by digital identifiers, big data and technologies that hold "power over" people that they are not being included in their development and determination of how they are used.

Their is more attention being paid to this by various groups including a major coalition that I have spoken to who will be turning the attention of many hundred organizations focused on the needs of people of color in the United States this summer to focus on Surveillance and Privacy.

This statement about Big Data and Civil Rights is just the beginning.
http://www.civilrights.org/press/2014/civil-rights-principles-big-data.html

- Kaliya