[OpenID board] OpenId Foundation Community Representatives Election Opens

Don Thibeau don at oidf.org
Wed Jan 23 05:12:26 UTC 2013

OIDF Board Members:

Please be advised that of the seven candidates who self-nominated to run for the five open community OpenID Foundation board seats, 6 received the required three seconds from other members.  These candidates are:
Nat Sakimura
John Bradley
Michael Schwartz
Michael B. Jones
George Fletcher
Henrik Biering

One candidate did not receive the three required seconds, and therefore is ineligible to stand for election:
Roland Hedberg

As in the past your personal and professional involvement is important and encouraged.

From my vantage point as Executive Director, I assure all of you that as Board Members and Industry Opinion leaders your endorsements are helpful and your influence is felt. As we've seen in recent elections, whether for POTUS or OIDF Community Representatives, "voter turnout" is a key success factor. In the last few years, companies, communities and organizations are making an concerted effort to vote for community members they think will best represent their interests.

Please consider reaching out to your colleagues, friends and followers in your blogs, Google groups, tweets and FB updates to encourage informed member participation.

Voting will commence on January 23 and end on February 6.

Don Thibeau
The OpenID Foundation