[OpenID board] OpenID WG Process and requirement to host documents under "openid.net"

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 00:53:12 UTC 2012

Hi Eric and Greg,

In the board meeting, the question about the location of the WG procedural
rule on the web site requirement was asked.
Here is the quotation from the OpenID Process Document ver. 1.5 December
2009.

*4.8 Visibility*.  All WG documents will be located on the WG webpage (“*
Webpage*”), *which will be *
*located at a URL within openid.net*, and all work (administrative and
technical) of a WG will be conducted via
the applicable Specification Mailing Lists or at meetings that may be
called from time to time.  The minutes
of each meeting and a record of  all decisions will be published to the
Webpage and the applicable
Specification Mailing List.  All WG email lists will be archived, and all
WG email archives will be publicly
visible.  The Editor(s) should keep the following current on the Webpage:
*(a)* WG name and Charter;
*(b)* any standing rules and other adopted procedures;
*(c)* any applicable meeting schedule and attendance method(s);
*(d)* anticipated deliverables and delivery dates;
*(e)* list of WG Contributors;
*(f)* the names and email addresses of Editors and any other functionaries
(e.g., secretary);
*(g)* links to draft and completed WG documents (including the latest WG
Specifications); and
*(h)* current announcements (including WG formation, any revisions to the
Charter, and any call
to approve a draft as an Implementers Draft or a Final Specification and
applicable deadlines).

Like Account Chooser WG, AB/Connect WG is using an external site to manage
the working group works.
In our case, it is bitbucket.org. (It is very handy as it has issues
tracking with OpenID login.)
To meet the above requirement, we are aliasing the bitbucket site (
bitbucket.org/openid/connect) to
hg.openid.net by CNAME, so that everything can be accessed in openid.netdomain.
I am pretty sure that you can do the same with the google sites, so you
should do that -> Eric.

As to the mailing list are concerned, we are using openid.net mailman.
However, I am pretty sure again here that you can create a google group
under openid.net domain.
(I thought David has setup one. AB/Connect WG predated that so we did not
bother to migrate.) Either will be fine.

At the end of the day, the requirement from the process point of view is
that it will be able to be accessed as a subdomain of openid.net.

--
Nat Sakimura (=nat)
Chairman, OpenID Foundation