[OpenID board] [board-private] REVISED AGENDA - OIDF Board Meeting July 18

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 22:54:53 UTC 2012

Here is the proposal on National Chapters.

*National Chapters Proposal*

   - The chapter needs to be registered at OIDF as National Chapter.
   - 1 national chapter per country
   - OIDF grants a right to use the name OpenID Foundation X or OpenID X (e.g.,
   OpenID Foundation Japan, or OpenID Denmark.) to National Chapters.
   - An OIDF member in a country X may choose to register at a National
   chapter X as well, in which case, the member has a right to direct
its membership
   fee (max = 80%) to the National chapter
   - OIDF dubs as OpenID Foundation USA. 80% of the fee is deemed to
have directed
   to OIDF USA.
   - no financial support from OIDF other than the directed funding.
   - the chapters are being assigned a right and duty to act as an agent
   for trademark policing.
   - the chapters must be in a suitable legal form to do the above
   - the chapters may collect additional fees from its members

Also, though the below requires the bylaw change, it may be worthwhile
to consider:

   - A National Chapter has the rights to vote as an organizational member
   at OIDF
      - If the sum of non-directed portion of the fee reaches then current
   - sponsor fee, the chapter will get a board seat.
      -   (<- This will be an incentive for the National chapter to
      persuade the members not to direct the funds.)

These masures will bring the chapters and OIDF closer together as well,
making each other's effort more coherent.
I think this will help me persuading companies in other regions than US to
join OIDF as well.