[OpenID board] Proposed OpenID Summit June 27

Don Thibeau don at oidf.org
Thu May 19 00:13:27 UTC 2011

Ping Identity has offered to sponsor an OpenID Summit in Boston tentatively scheduled for the afternoon of June 27.  Eric Sachs plans to present Google's priorities for OpenID.  Mike Jones has indicated a willingness to brief the status of the OpenID Connect. Please let me know if you or your colleagues have an interest in presenting or participating in the Summit.

The Open Identity Exchange will likely have some involvement with the US NSTIC Workshop on Privacy scheduled for June 28-29 at MIT Media Lab, Cambridge (Boston) MA.

So far the Foundation's investment in OpenID Summits is showing returns in new OIDF corporate memberships, increased collaboration with open identity standards organizations and international interest and involvement with OpenID.

I want to thank the sustaining members of the Board of the OpenID Foundation who have made good on an informal commitment to provide directed funding for OpenID Summits.
Ping Identity is doing its part by sponsoring the next OpenID Summits in Boston June 27 and Colorado July 17.