[OpenID board] 2011-01-19 OIDF EC Call Minute

Allen Tom allentomdude at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 05:23:01 UTC 2011

Are the proposers certain that raising the individual membership fee to
$100/year will result in a net increase in revenue? I suspect that raising
the fee from $25 to $100 will result in substantial dropoff in individual
membership, resulting in less revenue and more dangerously, far fewer
members.

I remember that a couple years ago, former Google board member Dewitt
Clinton proposed reducing the fees to $5 to help drive membership. I
personally think that the foundation would be better off lowering, rather
than raising membership fees.

Allen