[OpenID board] Minutes from November 16, 2011 Executive Committee Call

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 2 06:19:40 UTC 2011

Minutes from November 16, 2011 Executive Committee Call

Present:
Nat Sakimura
Mike Jones
John Bradley
Chris Messina
Nico Popp

Absent:
(none)

1.  Evaluation of Don Thibeau's bonuses for the second and third quarters

Nat made a proposal to pay the bonuses in full.  The amount is specified in his contract.

Mike stated that Don has a good job in a sometimes difficult situation, enabling us to get to a good situation.  Therefore, we should approve his full bonuses.  Nico agreed.

John moved that we pay Don the full bonuses.  Nico seconded.  The motion was unanimously approved.

2.  Discussion of fourth quarter priorities

The EC didn't feel that any short-term changes in priorities were needed.

The EC decided to reinforce that Don's top two priorities for this quarter are:
1.  OpenID Connect launch
2.  Prepare for the upcoming board election

The election should be promoted online and at the Japan summit.  Maintaining geographic and other diversity of the candidates would be a plus, but we understand that the candidates will self-select.

Before the election, we will need to know the current number of sponsoring members.

3.  Timely consideration of bonuses

The EC apologizes to Don for not considering his bonuses in a timely fashion.  This in no way was a reflection of his performance.  The committee commits to considering future bonuses in a timely manner.