[OpenID board] Unable to authenticate, therefore unable to nominate myself

Johannes Ernst jernst at netmesh.us
Tue Nov 30 04:06:46 UTC 2010

> Seems like my fate is sealed as well.

I for my part meant to second a few people, but failed to do so at approx 4pm.

The site gave no indication of time zone, and it did not even occur to me it might be UTC. Those nominated people who don't have enough seconds could make the -- to me -- very reasonable case that lots of members would decide who to second at the very end of the period when it is clear who is running and who is not.

I don't think it would be a mistake to re-open the nominations period for another day or so. Just a thought ...

Cheers,

Johannes.
[not running, have no personal stake in the outcome except wanting to see the best possible board composition]