[OpenID board] Adoption: are we ready? (Was: Re: board Digest, Vol 37, Issue 10)

Brian Kissel bkissel at janrain.com
Fri Jan 15 20:04:34 UTC 2010

Regardless of how we get the technologies to work with each other, from an adoption perspective it seems like we do need to have a clear and consistent message on how RPs and end users can leverage all the benefits of OpenID, OAuth, WRAP, Portable Contacts, SREG/AX, Activity Streams, etc. in a robust and reliable way.  Facebook has done a great job providing a turnkey solution for website operators and end users that provides benefits to both stakeholders.  The open standards-based alternatives need to offer similarly compelling functionality and ease of deployment/use to see increased success in the market.  What suggestions do folks have on how we achieve that?

Cheers,

Brian

Brian Kissel<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/0/10/254>
CEO - JanRain, Inc.