[OpenID board] OpenID Summit Paris October 18

Don Thibeau (OIDF ED) don at oidf.org
Sun Aug 15 02:06:52 UTC 2010

The 2010 Series of OpenID Summits has been an important investment for the
OpenID Foundation.  The OpenID Summit Chicago hosted by Sears pulled
together a large group of relying parties who benefited from updates from
identity providers and focused on real world implementation issues. The
OpenID Summit Mountain View, co hosted by Microsoft and Google, organized
the working groups that are at work today. The OIDF extended its
international reach at the OpenID Summit London and coupled it with the
European e-Identity Management Conference.  The Microsoft hosted Summit in
London provided important information and encouragement to OpenID advocates
and technologists. The EU initiatives were impressive and deserving of
ongoing support and greater visibility.

This is to announce the OpenID Summit Paris on October 18 hosted by
Orange-FT at their Issy les Moulineaux campus in Southern Paris. This is
another key outreach opportunity for the foundation and a chance for
developers, identity providers and relying parties to exchange information.
Nat Sakimura and John Bradley have agreed to be the co-organizers.  Like the
London event, the Paris Summit is coupled with the third Kantara Initiative
Meeting, Tuesday-Thursday, October 19-21.
<http://www.linkedin.com/news?viewArticle=&articleID=152291128&gid=1939486&t
ype=news&item=152291128&articleURL=http%3A%2F%2Fkantarainitiative%2Eorg%2Fwo
rdpress%2F2010%2F07%2Fkantara-initiative-meeting-october-19-21-2010-at-orang
e-ft-campus-paris-france%2F&urlhash=oi4Q&goback=%2Egde_1939486_news_15229112
8> Kantara Initiative Meeting, October 19-21, 2010 at Orange-FT campus,
Paris, France We hope the discussions at the OpenID Summit will benefit
marketing and technical teams at Orange and attendees at the Kantara event
by providing updates on various working groups and a review of significant
OpenID deployments.

Thanks in advance to our friends at Orange and to Nat and John for their
leadership. I encourage all OIDF community and corporate members to commit
early to presentations and use this opportunity to extend the adoption and
technology working groups' discussions to our colleagues in the UK and EU.
The updates provided by large international identity providers benefit both
local staff as well as smaller companies and developers.  We will create a
Summit wiki and registration site soon.  Please forward this to colleagues
and friends abroad. Please contact John Bradley, Nat Sakimura or myself to
schedule Summit presentations and for further information.  Please note the
final 2010 OpenID Summit will be on November 8th at Facebook headquarters in
Mountain View, CA.

Don Thibeau

Executive Director

The OpenID Foundation