[OpenID board] OpenID on Google Code

Will Norris will at willnorris.com
Mon Mar 30 21:09:51 UTC 2009

A few of us in the community (myself, Chris Messina, David Recordon,
Brian Ellin, et al) have been working to get the OpenID project on
Google Code setup.  Right now it is in a reserved status to ensure
that no one other than the OpenID Foundation gets ahold of it.  I
think everything is ready to go at this point, we just need the green
light from the board.  Our immediate plans for the Google Code project
are:

   - house the source code for the openid.net website in a version
control system, both for transparency and security
   - as Brian mentioned in this post[0] to the new OpenID Code mailing
list, JanRain has committed to moving their libraries (currently
hosted at openidenabled.com) to this new project space so that we have
a single home for all of the development.
   - I don't actually recall if we discussed moving the content
currently housed at svn.openid.net to the new project space.  I assume
that we will at some point, but we can certainly wait on that if there
is objection or concern about that.

Initially, we'd like to have the four of us (myself, Chris, David, and
Brian) set as admins for the Google Code project at least while we get
things setup.  This can certainly be adjusted down the road as
necessary.

Are there any objections to moving forward with this?

Thanks,
Will

[0]: http://openid.net/pipermail/code/2009-March/000000.html