[OpenID board] May 27, 2009 OpenID Executive Committee Call Minutes

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 10 23:34:58 UTC 2009

May 27, 2009 OpenID Executive Committee Call Minutes

Attendees:
Don Thibeau, Executive Director
David Recordon
Brian Kissel
Mike Jones
Raj Mata

Absent:
Scott Kveton
Nat Sakimura

Visitors:
John Ehrig, Global Inventures

1.       Legal Update
Don remains on track to update our IPR policies and procedures and bylaws by the end of June.  These updates will include changes made in response to requests by two major companies with complex ownership structures who are interested in joining the board.  Don and Global Inventures are working on building a complete archive of the IPR declarations we've received thus far and procedures for adding new ones as they come in.

The OIDF will be retaining a lawyer to act as general counsel, rather than continuing to rely on Microsoft funding free legal work for the OIDF.

2.       Whitepapers
The foundation plans to work with the security committee on publishing a whitepaper on best security and usability practices.  Andrew Nash is chairing the security committee and will be working on the security aspects of the whitepaper.  Other best practices and forward-looking whitepapers are anticipated.

3.       Internet Identity Workshop
We partnered with the Information Card Foundation in buying a dinner for the IIW participants.  We believe that that was a good investment in demonstrating cooperation and building goodwill among the identity community.

4.       Strategic Use of Funds for Special Projects
Don is soliciting input for a short list of projects such as whitepapers and interop tests that we want to fund.  Having John Bradley develop additional security-focused interop tests and ensuring that major implementations have run those tests is one project on the radar.  Another is a joint whitepaper with the ICF on the value of having an active client to manage people's identity interactions.  David asked how we can reach out to the community to elicit their participation in these efforts as well.

5.       IBM Representative Change
Nataraj (Raj) Nagaratnam will be replacing Tony Nadalin as the IBM board representative at the end of the month.