[OpenID board] Getting Membership Management Under Control

Will Norris will at willnorris.com
Tue Jun 9 18:15:34 UTC 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 9:09 AM, Carsten Pötter wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM, David Recordon <david at sixapart.com>
> wrote:
>> If you haven't read Carsten's post this morning, you should.  It
>> looks like
>> Carsten's membership now ends on July 1 and that we still owe him
>> $75.
>>
> Marisa got in touch last night and offered refunding $100 with
> immediate cancellation of my membership. I accepted.

I just got the email from John Ehrig announcing the improvements to
the OpenID membership site, so figured I'd bring this back up real
quick... I'm in the same boat as Carsten, having joined the foundation
back when membership was $100, as opposed to the now $25.  I can't
seem to find the reference, but I remember someone (Recordon, Kveton?)
stating that instead of refunding the $75, my membership would simply
be extended to four years.  My apologies if this issue has already
been clearly addressed, but I couldn't find it, and the website still
shows my membership as expiring in a few weeks.  I would much rather
take the three extra years of membership rather than any kind of refund.

-will

openid: willnorris.com