[OpenID board] Getting Membership Management Under Control

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Wed Jun 3 16:25:22 UTC 2009

On 06/03/2009 07:09 PM, Carsten Pötter:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM, David Recordon<david at sixapart.com>  wrote:
>
>> If you haven't read Carsten's post this morning, you should.  It looks like
>> Carsten's membership now ends on July 1 and that we still owe him $75.
>>

> Marisa got in touch last night and offered refunding $100 with
> immediate cancellation of my membership. I accepted.

That's extremely sad and a bad thing for an open standards community
such as OpenID. However the board members and executive must clearly
understand, that the minute money is involved, people have expectations!
Potential membership management problems might come up very soonish when
all those new memberships are going to expire.

Echoing Nat's comment from earlier, there are also obligations from the
organizers. Making the members feel good is certainly appreciated, but
making them feel bad as with Carsten is really unnecessary and a
failure. I was the opinion that we need to let the new board and
administrative head (executive) have some time in order to sort things.
However they weren't voted/hired for a holiday camp, they were voted and
hired to get things done - with priority and urgency. Sorry guys, so far
failure all over.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber: 	startcom at startcom.org <xmpp:startcom at startcom.org>