[OpenID board] Getting Membership Management Under Control

Carsten Pötter sccpffm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:22:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Luke Shepard <lshepard at facebook.com> wrote:

> Also, with the exception of Allen Tom (who has long been a community
> advocate since before Yahoo became a provider), none of the community
> members are currently also corporate members.

I guess that's not really addressing the problem Eddy mentioned. Take
Google for example: DeWitt Clinton was representing Google as a
corporate board member while Eric Sachs was elected as a community
member of the board. Recently DeWitt resigned and Eric took his place.

First, there was need for a new community board member. Fine, though
by now almost all nominees for the community seats were or are board
members. ;)

Second, is Eric voicing different opinions as he represents Google
now? Or was he representing Google's opinion anyway while being a
community board member? I don't want to question Eric's integrity but
at least this raises questions about the independence of community
board members. So I support Eddy's motion.

Carsten