[OpenID board] Getting Membership Management Under Control

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 23:03:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) <
eddy_nigg at startcom.org> wrote:

> In particular I see the following critical shortcomings with benefits of
> Company/Organizational Membership:
>
>    - Display your corporate logo/name on the OpenID Foundation website and
>    promotional materials
>    - Be eligible for inclusion in OpenID Foundation press releases and
>    industry events
>

> For any corporate member this might a critical added value for becoming a
> corporate foundation member of the foundation. Those are the benefits which
> differ from the individual membership. When looking at the fees, this has a
> hefty price too. But we haven't received them!!!

Are you a corporate foundation member? If so, what level member are you?

If it's any consolation, besides the logo thing on the website, we really
haven't done any promotional efforts, so besides the "Get an OpenID" page,
there really aren't any other logos on the site.

I'd love to see something like djangopeople.net set up for the OpenID
community,  but as Luke said, resources have been the major limiting factor
there.

> I’m pretty sure that the maintenance of the foundation website is more a
> matter of resources and lack of general consensus than a malicious attempt
> to exclude.
>

> At least it should be addressed when made aware of. I've been in contact
> with Bill and Don, but I wasn't able to advance our cause one iota.

Can you articulate your cause for the benefit of those unfamiliar with it?

Chris

--
Chris Messina
Open Web Advocate