[OpenID board] Community momentum around code at openid.net (part 2 of 2)

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 03:42:59 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Santosh Rajan <santrajan at gmail.com> wrote:

> You think webfinger would find a place in 2.1? Given that we need to
> support
> not only emails but also jabber id's could we add this to the experimental
> features?

If someone is willing to write up how it should work, then it certainly will
be considered.

We need simple "plug and play" type of code for implementing OpenID, so that
> administraters can easily incorporate OpenID into their systems. I am
> working on a simple wrapper for JanRain's php-openid, I hope to release
> that
> soon. If you have a common repository I will put it up there.

For now go ahead and use GitHub. We can then export a checkout to the Google
Code repo, if we ever get the go ahead to set it up.

Chris