[OpenID board] Community momentum around code at openid.net (part 2 of 2)

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 03:40:52 UTC 2009

+1 for code at openid.net

You think webfinger would find a place in 2.1? Given that we need to support
not only emails but also jabber id's could we add this to the experimental
features?

We need simple "plug and play" type of code for implementing OpenID, so that
administraters can easily incorporate OpenID into their systems. I am
working on a simple wrapper for JanRain's php-openid, I hope to release that
soon. If you have a common repository I will put it up there.

Chris Messina wrote:

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Santosh Rajan <santrajan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Chris Messina wrote:
>> >
>> > to support experimental features being proposed on the 2.1 wiki page:
>> >

>> Where are the experimental features being proposed for 2.1? Sorry I dont
>> seem to be able to find them?
>>

> It's all here:
>
> http://wiki.openid.net/OpenID_Authentication_2_1
>
> Specifically the addition of email-style identifiers for use in OpenID
> authentication; improvements to discovery; etc.
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Messina
> Open Web Advocate
>
> Website: http://factoryjoe.com
> Blog: http://factoryjoe.com/blog
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrismessina
>
> Diso Project: http://diso-project.org
> OpenID Foundation: http://openid.net
>
> This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private

-----

Santosh Rajan
http://santrajan.blogspot.com http://santrajan.blogspot.com