[OpenID board] upcoming Google announcement regarding OpenID

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 03:44:19 UTC 2009

Will Norris wrote:

> The other thing that concerns me is how close we are to having a
> committee draft of XRD.  Admittedly, no we're not there yet.  And part
> of that delay has been because we're making sure that we have a
> solution that all involved parties can live with, including Google.
> But I get a bit frustrated when Google claims to be supporting the new
> standard (and I'll be the first to say how valuable their input has
> been), but appears to be putting all their resources behind an
> incompatible approach to the same problem... one that I'm afraid will
> only lead to great confusion[0] if it gets any kind of widespread
> adoption.  If Google wants to throw it out there as a possible stop-
> gap solution their customers can use until the next version of OpenID
> Discovery is written, that is fine.  But I just don't believe it's the
> kind of approach the foundation should be endorsing when we're so
> close with XRD.

Are you kidding? XRI TC hasnt even figured how to sign an XRD document. XML
DSig has been around for 11 years and it cant reliably sign an XML document?
Why don't XRI TC come out with a simple XRD draft as soon as possible and
relieve everyone from all this pain. IS the XRI TC waiting for the cows to
come home?

-----

Santosh Rajan
http://santrajan.blogspot.com http://santrajan.blogspot.com