[OpenID board] Adapting the Voting Tool for the Specs Council?

David Recordon david at sixapart.com
Mon Jan 26 17:29:26 UTC 2009

I'm wondering what it would take to make the voting tool be able to
help out the specs council?  Like other votes, some of the challenges
are sifting through an email thread collecting votes, getting people
to realize that they're supposed to vote in a certain thread and
mixing the input between the community and council members.  What I'd
propose is that we add the ability to vote on proposals to the voting
tool in such a way where anyone (including non-members) can vote
though the results are displayed split up between the council member
votes and the wider community votes (a bit like how the US election
has the popular vote and the electoral vote).  Ideally this would be
extended to the final approval vote as well so that anyone could vote
but only the votes from Foundation members would be counted.

Who should I work with to make this happen?  Other ideas on how this
should work?

Thanks,