[OpenID board] 4 motions for OIDF board vote?

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 02:01:25 UTC 2009

Followings are the proposed motions that I would like the board to consider.
There are two types: one that can take effect immediately, and one that
requires board and membership voting.
I. For immediate implementation of the current process:

One of the obstacles that we have found during the process was that it was
kind of hard to get the specs council to deliver the recommendation in a
timely fashion. It has seen some improvement recently, but we want to make
sure to continue it. Thus, I would like to propose the following:

*BE IT RESOLVED that the OIDF Committee Liason is directed to act as the
coordinator for the specification council so that specification council
create a recommendation for the membership about a formal working group
proposal within 15 days of the complete proposal being circulated on
specs at openid.net to comply to the current OpenID process.*
II. Improvements of current process

As a longer term solution, I would like to propose the following three
motions. The first two are to make sure the timely and effective response
from the specs council, and the last one is to protect the OpenID(TM) as
well as to make it easier to create a WG so that all the discussion will be
done inside the WG and the output is IPR clean.

   - *BE IT RESOLVED that the members of OpenID Foundation board have agreed
   to amend the OpenID process document so that should the specifications
   council not create a recommendation for the membership about a formal
   working group proposal within 15 days of the complete proposal being
   circulated on specs at openid.net, then the proposal may proceed to a
   membership vote for approval.*
   - *BE IT RESOLVED that the members of OpenID Foundation board have agreed
   to amend the OpenID process document so that should specs council members
   not participate in the discussion of two consecutive working group
   proposals, they will be deemed to have resigned, and new specs council
   members who are committed to participating in the process will be appointed
   to replace them.*
   - *BE IT RESOLVED that the members of OpenID Foundation board have agreed
   to amend the OpenID process document to clarify that no draft may claim
   OpenID trademark until it is ratified to achieve full specification status.
   *

--
Nat Sakimura (=nat)
http://www.sakimura.org/en/