[OpenID board] International Liaison board vote

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Fri Jan 16 17:52:44 UTC 2009

> Good point David.  Scott and Dick (or others who may know), what are the
> requirements for advanced notification regarding board votes when not being
> done real time during a board meeting?

As per section 4.9 of the OpenID Foundation bylaws:

https://openid.pbwiki.com/Bylaws#Section49ActionbyWrittenBallot

We can use a written ballot (email will suffice for each board member
so we need to add the electronic voting tool to the bylaws) and
require the following:

* The motion or proposed action
* Motion must indicate the number of responses needed to meet quorum
and percentage of approvals to pass
* Provide an opportunity to specify approval or disapproval of each
proposed action
* Specify a reasonable time within which to return the ballot to this
corporation

As per section 4.9 the written ballot is treated as a "special
meeting" and is subject to "reasonable time" (7 days) from section
4.4:

https://openid.pbwiki.com/Bylaws#Section44NoticeofMeetings

FYI,

- Scott