[OpenID board] International Liaison board vote

DeWitt Clinton dewitt at google.com
Fri Jan 16 17:25:14 UTC 2009

[Moving to the board public list.]

Thanks, Brian.  That worked rather well.  I really appreciate the online
ballots.

Each BoD member's voting record will be made public after the ballot closes,
correct?  I know our meeting minutes sometimes, but not always, record who
voted which way in the case of non-unanimous decisions.  The inconsistency
is likely just because we haven't discussed a policy here, not any
intentional effort to keep things secret.  Personally I'd rather we just
established the policy to always make the BoD voting records public, but I'd
be interested to hear arguments for or against.

I also noticed that, for this ballot, the running record is being hidden
from the electorate.  For a BoD vote we can probably make the ongoing record
visible to the eligible voters; just like it would be if we voted
in-person.  We should strive to be consistent between the online and offline
processes so there is no question about one being more or less legitimate.

Thoughts?

-DeWitt