[OpenID board] Perceptions of OpenID

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 01:37:33 UTC 2009

It seems like you're breaking things down along the lines of "what"
comprises OpenID and "how" it advances in the marketplace -- or at least
that's how I'm interpreting your statement.
Unfortunately marketing a shitty product won't get us very far, so I'd say
that UX is just as primary as marketing. It might not be up to the board to
"do" the UX work, but nor is it the board's job to "do" the marketing.

Facilitate both, certainly -- and given where we are -- I'd say with equal
vigor.

Chris

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Dick Hardt <dick.hardt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris, your comments bring up an important scope issue: I would consider
> user experience to be a technical issue, and if so, not an issue for the
> board to determine -- but an area for the board to facilitate activity.
>
> Marketing of OpenID is clearly within the the scope of the board.
>
> -- Dick
>
> On 4-Jan-09, at 3:54 PM, chris.messina at gmail.com wrote:
>
>  Absolutely. As aboard member, id love for my two areas to be user
>> experience Nd marketing!

Chris Messina
Citizen-Participant &
 Open Web Advocate-at-Large