[OpenID board] Officer Elections?

David Recordon drecordon at sixapart.com
Sun Jan 4 06:17:56 UTC 2009

I'm not sure if we need a more formal process, though what you
proposed (of self nominations) is different than last time when one
board member nominated another.

I need some more time to think about companies as officers of the
Foundation -- it feels a bit strange -- though allowing it would then
effect the composition of the executive committee which is currently
the four officers (Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary) in
addition to one corporate board member (which seems to go against "we
are one board in all respects other those specifically called out in
the bylaws").  If the officers were allowed to be companies, then it
does not seem like the fifth member of the Executive Committee should
be limited to a corporate board member.

--David