[OpenID board] OIDF board meeting 1/8/2009 2pm PST ...

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Thu Jan 1 23:53:06 UTC 2009

On 01/02/2009 01:42 AM, Scott Kveton:
>> It's possible to see the participants' list?
>>

> The call is open to all of the board members and since the call-in
> information is out there now, technically anyone could dial in.  In
> the past we've had the calls "closed" and although it isn't my
> decision to make, it seems like a good idea to make them "open" to the
> membership at large.  In the end, only the BOD will be able to cast
> votes, etc.

I think this to be a good idea. Sometimes a member wants to join and
present a certain point of view to the board about a specific issue. I
wouldn't expect now hundreds of dial-ins, but it's good that it's
possible to join and transparent.

> There may be times, as when we have to use board-private@, that we
> need to into an executive session on the call.  The details of the
> executive session don't end up in the meeting minutes (other than to
> say "BOD entered executive session" but this is a rare occasion at
> best.  For example, when discussing interest from a potential
> corporate board member that cannot be disclosed until they join.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber: 	startcom at startcom.org <xmpp:startcom at startcom.org>
Phone: 	+1.213.341.0390