[OpenID board] Committees ...

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Thu Jan 1 19:36:41 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to 2009!  Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!

With 5 new members of the OIDF BOD joining us as of today, this is as
good a time as any to look at the makeup of the existing committees
and where we need to a) fill in gaps and b) create new committees to
help facilitate solutions to some of the problems we're seeing with
OpenID in the marketplace.

Please take a look at:

http://wiki.openid.net/Committees

To see who is on what committees, etc.  There is no requirement that
you have to be a board member to participate in a committee; any OIDF
member can participate in committees.  Please see if there are any
committees you'd like to participate in and sign-up on the wiki.

Two areas of concern we discussed in 2008 were around Usability and
Security.  There has been a lot of work on UX with the meeting at
Yahoo! a few months back.  We also voted to create a security
committee back in September but we haven't set any goals or outlined
plans there yet.

We currently have Anthony Nadalin as the chair of the security
committee along with John Bradley who has agreed to participate.  I'd
like to volunteer to chair the security committee for the next year
and hopefully drive some initiatives that will answer questions in the
marketplace.

I would love to see someone else step up and form the UX committee as
well to help address concerns around usability with OpenID.