[OpenID board] Election nomination report

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 19:51:29 UTC 2009

Is information on voting readily available?

I feel like we should set up wiki.openid.net/Elections to help bring a lot
of this information together...

What it our outreach strategy for getting people to vote? Who is eligible to
vote?

I think we'll need to work with Darin again to send out an email to the
membership to let them know that voting begins tomorrow!

And, what determines who wins? Simple majority? How do we handle ties? Etc.
I'm sure there's information about this in the bylaws, but a simple FAQ
would be very useful.

Chris

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Mike Jones <Michael.Jones at microsoft.com>wrote:

>  Of the 16 candidates who self-nominated to run for the six open community
> OpenID Foundation board seats, 14 received the required three seconds from
> other members.  These candidates are:
>

> Dirk Balfanz
>
> John Bradley
>
> Jonathan Coffman
>
> Marc Frons
>
> Dick Hardt
>
> Robert Harles
>
> Daniel Jacobson
>
> Brian Kissel
>
> Robert Ott
>
> Martin Paljak
>
> Joseph Smarr
>
> Allen Tom
>
> Kick Willemse
>
> Björn Woltermann
>

> Two candidates did not receive the three required seconds, and therefore
> are ineligible to stand for election:
>

> Brady Brim-DeForest
>
> Hari Chand Gupta
>

> Voting will commence on December 9th and end on December 23rd.
>

>                                                 -- Mike (writing as
> election committee chairman)

Chris Messina
Open Web Advocate

Personal: http://factoryjoe.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrismessina

Citizen Agency: http://citizenagency.com
Diso Project: http://diso-project.org
OpenID Foundation: http://openid.net

This email is:   [ ] shareable    [X] ask first   [ ] private