[OpenID board] November 5, 2009 OpenID Board Meeting Minutes

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 19:16:25 UTC 2009

Here are the notes:

http://wiki.openid.net/November-5%2C-2009-OpenID-Board-Meeting-Minutes

I'll make the change the leadership page.

Chris

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Johannes Ernst <jernst at netmesh.us> wrote:

> Ah, that explains where the number of open seats for the board election
> comes from. I was wondering there for a while ... thanks for the detailed
> minutes, they very clearly set out what happened and why.
>
> Could the BOD page be updated accordingly?
>
> http://openid.net/foundation/leadership/
>

> On Nov 30, 2009, at 15:32, Mike Jones wrote:
>
> *November 5, 2009 OpenID Board Meeting Minutes*
>
> *Present:*
> Don Thibeau, Executive Director
> Mike Jones
> Andrew Nash
> Mike Ozburn
> Nat Sakimura
> Brian Kissel
> Allen Tom
> Joseph Smarr
> Eric Sachs
> David Recordon
> Luke Shepard
> Raj Mata
> Chris Messina
>
> *Absent:*
> Snorri Giorgetti
> Gary Krall
> Nataraj (Raj) Nagaratnam
> Scott Kveton
>
> *Visitors:*
> John Ehrig, Global Inventures
> Deepak Kamlani, Global Inventures (CEO)
>
> [This meeting was held in person at the Computer History Museum immediately
> following the Internet Identity Workshop.]
>
> *1.       **Election*
> Per last year’s election results at
> http://openid.net/2008/12/27/openid-board-election-results/, Snorri
> Giorgetti, Nat Sakimura, Chris Messina, and David Recordon were elected to
> two year terms as community board members, which end at the end of 2010.
> The terms of the remaining community board members, Brian Kissel, Scott
> Kveton, Allen Tom, and Joseph Smarr will end at the end of this year.  Five
> community board seats will need to be filled during the upcoming election
> because of the addition of Booz Allen Hamilton as a sustaining corporate
> board member.
>
> Don Thibeau will chair the election committee and Mike Jones will also
> serve on it.  Don will publicize the election by the end of next week.
>
> *2.       **Organization lifecycle review presentation by Deepak Kamlani,
> Global Inventures CEO*
> Deepak strongly recommends that we evolve the foundation’s business model
> such that we can obtain at least $1,000,000 as a recurring annual revenue
> stream.  Otherwise, he believes we will have insufficient resources to
> conduct many activities that we would ideally want to pursue.  A discussion
> ensued about how to introduce additional membership tiers at different price
> points, and how to provide significant value to members at all membership
> levels.  Having a $1,000,000 budget is practically needed to be able to have
> a significant enough range of offerings to provide differentiated value to
> members at different levels.  Deepak’s experience is that board size should
> [...]

Chris Messina
Open Web Advocate

Personal: http://factoryjoe.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrismessina

Citizen Agency: http://citizenagency.com
Diso Project: http://diso-project.org
OpenID Foundation: http://openid.net

This email is:   [ ] shareable    [X] ask first   [ ] private