[OpenID board] Question on implementation of OAUTH/OpenID for Set-top-box

Kamal Mehta kamal.mehta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 07:30:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

We are evaluating the integration of OpenID/OAUTH for our clients so that
there could be a seamless user experience of Authentication on
Playstation/Set-top-box. In due course we investigated it a bit and found
that OpenID/OAUTH 2.0 follows a redirection model FROM Relying Party TO
OpenID Provider through the UserAgent, which happens to be browser in all
example implementation we have seen.

 We have quick question, As described we are using Blue-Ray players which
lacks the ability of having state-of-the-art browsers, is there any
possibility of implementing OpenID and OAUTH w/out going thru browser route
of redirection, such as any direct API call to get an authentication of
user? Is it even feasible?

 Are there any implementations done for Set-Top-Box by any other company we
could leverage some design discussions?

 Appreciate your early response.

 Thanks in advance.

--