[OpenID board] OpenID on Google Code

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Apr 9 00:36:49 UTC 2009

I won't try to speak for all library developers, but as far as the Perl
libraries go I currently:

* Post the code to a repository on code.sixapart.com. It lives in a Six
Apart repository for historical reasons, but we can get external
developers commit access if necessary. (I was committing there long
before I worked at 6A.)

* Track bugs on the CPAN bugtracker.

* Post releases on CPAN.

* Encourage discussion on the openid-perl Google Group. (It's a pretty
quiet list, but I do watch it.)

This is what Perl developers generally expect. I've no objection to OIDF
mirroring the tarballs or, ideally, linking to them on CPAN, but I
wouldn't want to see secondary bug trackers and source code repositories
being created because that's liable to cause confusion in my opinion,
and I'd prefer to keep the Perl-library-related discussion separate so
that it doesn't get lost amongst questions relating to other libraries.