[OpenID board] OpenID Europe Recognizes and Accepts the OIDF Local Chapters Policy

Snorri snorri at snorri.eu
Tue Sep 23 12:34:48 UTC 2008

Dear Trademark Committee,

Dear Raj, Shreyas, David and Bill,

On June 23, 2008 I have personally assigned all registered OpenID brand names presently protected in Europe (in 27 countries) over to OIDE, in exchange for the nominal amount of 1€.

Today, OIDE recognizes OIDF’s Local Chapter Policy as one of the “Continental Chapters” and joins OIDF to continue to work jointly to the global work which remains to be done, united in the supreme interest of the Community.

I am hoping that this new unity of purpose will allow us to finalize a Worldwide Trademark Policy, using as examples these drafts http://wiki.openid2009.org/OpenID_Trademark_Policy et http://wiki.openid2009.org/OpenID_Logo_Policy.

Other questions remain as to the granting of licenses to Local Chapters (thank you, David); I am referring in first instance to Japan. This granting of licenses is currently under study, so as to enable us to set up a simplified, on line process.

We are hereby confirming that OIDE, as a “Continental Chapter,” agrees to the OIDF Local Chapters Policy, as approved by the OIDF Board on May 8, 2008.

Here is the information pertaining to our “Continental” Chapter:

a) The organizers are Snorri Giorgetti (Chair) and 28 Representatives http://www.openideurope.eu/team/

b) The URL of the Foundation is http://www.openideurope.eu/

c) The region is Europe, and it presently covers 43 countries

d) The name of our Foundation is "OpenID Europe" (OIDE)

I have just listed “OpenID Europe” at this location: http://openid.net/foundation/chapters/

Best regards,

-Snorri

Copy: Scott, Johannes, Mike, Nat & Mark