[OpenID board] Hiring committee plans ...

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Thu Sep 11 16:30:36 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone,

I'm working with the hiring committee (Johanness, David and Raj) to
help identify candidates for the Executive Director position.  Here is
the plan of attack that we have developed (big thanks to Johannes for
fleshing most of this out):

1. Hiring committee will conduct the initial review of applicants and
interviews.
2. This committee produces a short list to the board, say up to 3
ranked candidates, and our impressions.
3. The committee will organize an open review call for other board
members with each of the candidates.
4. The board votes on those 2 or 3 candidates.
5. One dedicated individual negotiates with the prospective ED (I'm
nominating Dick for this).
6. If we can't agree on those candidates, we'll move to hiring a
recruiter, modify the process accordingly and repeat.

Timeline is as follows with "complete by" dates:

1. Scott & David screens resumes - 9/12/2008
2. The committee subsets into "talk to" and "do not talk to" - 9/18/2008
3. Each of us does phone screens of 2 or 3 candidates each, report
back, and we prioritize - 9/25/2008
4. Each remaining candidate is being interviewed, if at all possible
in person, by at least 2 of us, preferably all of us. - 10/2/2008
5. Committee meets to discuss who should be on the short list - 10/3/2008
6. Present short list to the board on the 10/9/2008 all-hands call

FYI,

- Scott