[OpenID board] OpenID Foundation Membership

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Mon Oct 27 02:53:52 UTC 2008

Eddy,

All fair questions and ones I agree the board should be able to answer.

I can answer two of them:

*	Vote on ratification of OpenID specifications and recommendations
(haven't received any instructions or guidelines how to check for upcoming
votes besides what I know from the mailing lists. Neither is it clear to me
how voting will be performed.)

There have not been any votes yet. The first one looks like it will be for
the outcome of the PAPE working group after it's public review - the PAPE WG
should have more info on that.

The voting mechanism itself is currently email but it is my understanding
other web-based (and OpenID-based) mechanisms are being explored. We want to
use them for board elections as well.

*	Be eligible for inclusion in OpenID Foundation press releases and
industry events (Not sure how the board intends to inform members about
upcoming press releases and have them included or not - I expect this to be
non-compulsory)

There haven't been any yet other than one announcing the new board members
earlier this year. I believe notice will be sent to the General list, but it
could make sense to use a Members list for this too. I expect this is one of
the tasks the new ED will tackle.

Hope this helps,

=Drummond

  _____