[OpenID board] OpenID Foundation Membership

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Sat Oct 25 08:18:16 UTC 2008

Hi Board,

I've been holding myself back for some time, but believe that I should
share my experience as a OIDF member with the board. Frankly it's
astonishing, that an organization with that kind of financial backing
and such prominent corporate board members has such difficulties in
getting the most basic things right.

Until last week I wasn't able to log in at all at the OIDF members page
( https://openid.net/foundation/members/ )
Apparently the technical problem has been fixed, but I still can't
authenticate because my OpenID is not in the database. I'm not sure what
the problems are and as I understood Bill tried to be helpful, but
apparently it's not under his control.

Additionally I want to raise your attention to the "Benefits of
Company/Organizational Membership" and general handling. It's not clear
to me how members can

    * Use the OpenID Foundation Member logo on your company website,
      blog, and other marketing materials (which logo is that supposed
      to be?)
    * Display your corporate logo/name on the OpenID Foundation website
      and promotional materials (can't find any member's logo or
      promotional material anywhere)
    * Vote on ratification of OpenID specifications and recommendations
      (haven't received any instructions or guidelines how to check for
      upcoming votes besides what I know from the mailing lists. Neither
      is it clear to me how voting will be performed.)
    * Be eligible for inclusion in OpenID Foundation press releases and
      industry events (Not sure how the board intends to inform members
      about upcoming press releases and have them included or not - I
      expect this to be non-compulsory)

Please advice how members are able to login (almost three month after
becoming a member) and how exactly the above will be handled. I can't
find related information and the answers I've received from Bill weren't
conclusive (not blaming Bill, apparently he can't really address most of
the issues above, besides that he intends to resign from his current
post). Perhaps the board can provide me with the answers instead.

--
Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>