[OpenID board] URGENT: New Board members motion

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Fri Oct 24 03:07:27 UTC 2008

Having been offline all day at an offsite, I'm going to lodge a stronger
objection to this particular email vote. It took me 15 minutes just to read
through the various messages to understand the thread. And the confusion is
I think reflective of the lack of consensus of the board on this issue.

Lack of consensus itself is not a reason not to vote; sometimes it's the
very reason to have one. But not an email vote - they are best used to
formalize a board action on a decision that is unanimous or nearly unanimous
without requiring a meeting.

I'm not sure of the specifics of our bylaws, but on other boards on which I
serve a email vote can only be held if no board member objects. In that case
I object and request the Chair to call for a meeting. This is an important
decision at this juncture for the OIDF and one we should hash out in person
or on the phone.

=Drummond