[OpenID board] [board-private] FW: PAPE Specification Review Period Commencing

David Recordon drecordon at sixapart.com
Thu Oct 23 15:52:35 UTC 2008

I don't see where the IPR Process or Policy states that.  The closest
I see is "The applicable WG Editor(s) will post the draft for review
by Contributors to the applicable WG, and by the Board, and promptly
notify these Contributors and the Board that the draft is available
for review."  "openid.net" is mentioned five times throughout the two
documents with no where saying "the home page of openid.net".

What frustrates me is that the audience of the OpenID blog is not one
that understands IPR or what this review period means.  It would have
been far more impactful to tie this back to other posts about PAPE,
explain again what PAPE is any why it matters, and explain what this
review period means for implementers.  It also would be nice if the
post didn't contain all sorts of ridiculous HTML markup from being
composed in Microsoft Word.

I'm quite honestly really disappointed and don't see why this needs to
be on the board-private mailing list (thus moving).

--David