[OpenID board] OIDF voting system is on a non-standard port

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 00:33:09 UTC 2008

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:

> Also I'm not sure if this is purely for testing purpose (even though a
> vote is supposed to happen sometime soon, right?), or if this is for
> real...however nomination apparently has to happen within one day:
>
> Starts: November 19, 2008
> Ends: November 20, 2008
>
> :-)
>
> That's certainly only for quick takers...and then rubber-stamped quickly
> too:
>
> Starts: November 21, 2008
> Ends: November 22, 2008
>
> Hehe...a new lecture in democratic principals ala OpenID :-)

Hi Eddy,

This election is indeed for testing purposes only, and was supposed to
be visible only to a limited audience. The fact that you've seen this is
perhaps a bug.

The real election nomination process will be starting very soon; members
will receive an email once the real nomination process begins.

I believe there will be a membership-wide full test before we do the
real thing as well.