[OpenID board] OpenID Foundation Membership Report

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 20:34:50 UTC 2008

FYI, OpenID Japan's membership profiles are as follows:

5  corporate 1-25
3   corporate 26-100
5   corporate 101-250
7   corporate 251-1,000
13   corporate >1,000

There is no "sustaining" category for OIDF-J.

I have personally categorized the industry of the members: (Note, it is
quite arbitrary and difficult because many of them have multiple buisiness
lines.)

Certificate Authority: 2
Financial: 5
ISP/Portal: 6
IT: 10
Manufacturing: 2
Marchant: 2
SNS: 1
Telco: 3
Transportation: 1

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 6:31 AM, Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk>wrote:

> In preparation for the full board meeting on Monday, I have extracted
> the following statistics from a copy of the membership list that Bill
> shared with me. Note that this list is dated Oct 6th 2008 so there is
> potentially activity from October not captured here.
>
> 46 Active Members
> 263 membership leads that have not completed payment
>
> The remaining data applies only to active members.
>
> Membership Types:
> 2   students
> 10  individual
> 4   non-profit
> 17  corporate 1-25
> 5   corporate 26-100
> 1   corporate 101-250
> 0   corporate 251-1,000
> 2   corporate >1,000
> 5   sustaining
>
> Countries:
> 23  United States
> 5   Japan
> 3   United Kingdom
> 3   France
> 2   Canada
> 1   India
> 1   Germany
> 1   Finland
> 1   Switzerland
> 1   Denmark
>
> 31 active members have known OpenID identifiers.
> All of those members for which we don't have an OpenID identifier have a
> known email address apart from two.
>
> I will provide privately to the membership committee a full list of the
> 263 outstanding membership leads.

Nat Sakimura (=nat)
http://www.sakimura.org/en/