[OpenID board] URGENT: New Board members motion

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 21:18:57 UTC 2008

DeWitt Clinton wrote:

> The second reservation is that I feel we should have a plan in place for
> the full five new corporate board members (and backup choices), rather
> than cherry picking one a time.  The goal would be to create a diverse
> balance between vendors, consumers, international, domestic, etc, which
> is hard to do with a coherent strategy in place.

I'm conscious of the fact that there are some companies ready and
waiting to give us the money and join the board *now*, and those leads
might go cold if we delay much longer.

So while I agree that we don't want to arbitrarily add random companies,
I think there is a compromise where we recruit those companies that are
already interested while they're still interested and then fill in the
remaining seats all at the same time as you say.

That is of course unless anyone feels that the current potentials should
be *rejected*. I don't think there's anything particularly objectionable
about them. Do you?