[OpenID board] OpenID Financial report

Dick Hardt dick.hardt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 20:14:42 UTC 2008

On 4-Nov-08, at 1:05 PM, Johannes Ernst wrote:

> I'm going nuts. We have something resembling financials!! For the
> first time since the foundation incorporated.
>
> As a board member, I'd also like to see:
> - previous time periods not just the most recent 6 months (Why is it
> Apr-Sep? Our tax year is the calendar year, isn't it?)

nope -- it ends in March

I have not been given any previous financials

> - a break-down of some of the larger items, e.g. 846 - Outside
> Services
> - a cash-flow statement for each of the time periods
> - comparison with the budget we passed

The budget was passed was an annual budget. The numbers in the report
don't correlate to the budget -- so a comparison is difficult at this
time.

> I don't want to see the general ledger -- that's a level of detail
> not needed either by the board or the membership, and it contains a
> bunch of data that could reasonably be considered confidential by
> the vendors / contractors / employees involved.

Like I said at the top of my report, the statements are less then ideal.

> And, of course, a forward-looking budget as soon as possible.

So would I :-)

I'm doing the best I can with the information I have available.

-- Dick