[OpenID board] URGENT: New Board members motion

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 4 18:57:37 UTC 2008

Answering questions that have been asked, yes, the software is supposed to support the nomination process.

Yes, we need to have a membership drive.  As part of that drive, in my role on the executive committee, I’d already asked Bill to contact those who tried to join before we were able to accept payments and ask them to now complete their membership applications.  Bill, can you report on the status of that during the executive committee call on Thursday?  Also, I believe that we’d discussed that part of the membership drive will be announcing that an election will be held in X date and that you can vote if you join before then.  In that way, the election and the membership drive are self-reinforcing and not distinct activities.  If there are other ways we also want to conduct the membership drive, now’s the time!  (Membership committee, your thoughts on additional next steps for the membership drive?)

And to Tony’s point, yes, we need to decide soon how many members we’ll be electing.  Can we add that to the agenda for the F2F meeting at IIW?

Meanwhile, the good news is that we will be holding a test election soon, as part of the preparation for us holding  a real election.

                                                                -- Mike