[OpenID board] Revised local chapters policy

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu May 8 04:44:56 UTC 2008

Nat and Snorri, since you're the ones advocating OIDF having the concept of designated national chapters, I'm going to first ask you to take a stab at answering Dick's question.  I agree with him that having a designation but no criteria for the board to make that designation nor any definition of how the OIDF should treat a designated national chapter any differently than any other local chapter is a recipe for future problems.

Summarizing, I think the questions are:
  - What criteria will be used to decide which application is granted the national chapter if there is more then one applicant?
  - Does the OIDF treat designated national chapters any differently than other chapters, and if so, how?

                                                Thanks,
                                                -- Mike