[OpenID board] OSL handling infrastructure for openid.net ...

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Thu Jul 31 22:51:26 UTC 2008

Dick Hardt:
> I'd like to clear up any misunderstandings.
>
> Most of us on the board knew about Scott's previous relationship with
> OSL, and they were very generous in hosting OIDF. It would be fair to
> compensate them for what they have done, and if we pay them a market
> rate for hosting, then that is good.

Yes, I believe that to be the correct thing to do...I also believe (as
you suggested) to get competitive offers from different companies for
the hosting needs of the OpenID foundation. Dedicated servers can be
rented for as low as US$ 40-50 per month. I could consider to offer
installing and maintaining the needed applications if it's of any help.

> Making a donation to OSDL is in appropriate.

Yes - or perhaps the amount is completly overblown. One year hosting !=
10K, sorry...
> I believe Scott was doing what he thought was the right thing for all
> parties. My comments were not questioning Scott's motives, but
> commenting on his conclusions.

Yes, I believe so too. Dick, thanks for taking this issue up in the
right manner.