[OpenID board] OSL handling infrastructure for openid.net ...

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Thu Jul 31 17:38:42 UTC 2008

> As treasurer of a Foundation I can't support spending money we received to
> promote OpenID on a donation to another charity.

Fair enough.

> I agree OSL is doing good work, but fiscal prudence dictates that we pay
> market price for managing our infrastructure. I'd like to see a hosting and
> administration contract with someone (could be OSL) that is competitive and
> good value.

Considering I founded the OSL, I am the last person that should make
this determination (although I am no longer engaged with them in any
kind of capacity).  That said, going with the OSL will be slightly
above market rate.

I'm going to abstain from this discussion and let the board make the
final decision on whether or not to move forward with this or a
similar proposal.

- Scott