No subject

Sat Jul 26 20:56:28 UTC 2008

cheers,
-bill

----- Original Message ----
From: DeWitt Clinton <dewitt at google.com>
To: board at openid.net
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 10:14:54 AM
Subject: Re: [OpenID board] OSL handling infrastructure for openid.net ...

Those are good reasons to do it.  Are there any reasons people can think of not to?

-DeWitt

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Scott Kveton <scott at kveton.com> wrote:

Hey Everybody,

We've talked about handing more of the infrastructure off to the OSL
folks in the past but now I'd really like to do it ... :-)

I spoke with the infra manager for the OSL this past week and they are
willing to handle much more than we're already letting them.  Things
like mailman, general updates to the machine, backups, etc will all be
folded into this service.  This would help with things like the
mailman issues we had last week that slowed delivery of mail to the
general list.

In addition, we have budgeted some money to give to them for this kind
of work.  I'd like to make a donation to the OSL for $10,000 to help
offset their costs as well as promote the work they are doing.

Questions/comments/concerns?

- Scott
--0-872806024-1217266133=:66149

We've talked about handing more of the infrastructure off to the OSL<br>
folks in the past but now I'd really like to do it ... :-)<br>
I spoke with the infra manager for the OSL this past week and they are<br>
willing to handle much more than we're already letting them. &nbsp;Things<br>
like mailman, general updates to the machine, backups, etc will all be<br>
folded into this service. &nbsp;This would help with things like the<br>
mailman issues we had last week that slowed delivery of mail to the<br>
general list.<br>
In addition, we have budgeted some money to give to them for this kind<br>
of work. &nbsp;I'd like to make a donation to the OSL for $10,000 to help<br>
offset their costs as well as promote the work they are doing.<br>
Questions/comments/concerns?<br>
- Scott<br>