[OpenID board] Agenda for 2/14/2008 ...

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Tue Feb 12 21:57:07 UTC 2008

Hi Everybody,

I sent a note out earlier about the board meeting we'll be having on
Thursday but I wanted to follow-up quickly with a few guidelines for
the call as we have several new members joining us.

* General Business: We cover some basics around general business to
start the call off.  This involves voting to approve previous board
meeting minutes, finance update about money in/out of the Foundation's
bank account and also gathering any agenda items that can be appended
to the end of the meeting.  Ideally all agenda items will be sent in
before the meeting and I'll share them on the Google calendar we have.

* Committees: There are currently several committees within the OpenID
Foundation that have been organized to accomplish things like manage
finances, oversee trademarks, etc.  We'll want to revisit this/get
acquainted with during the first call with everyone in attendance.  I
imagine we'll want to augment/update/add to these committees with the
expanded scope of the Foundation.  For a comprehensive list, see here:
 http://wiki.openid.net/OpenID_Foundation/Committees

* Motions/voting:  We often have discussions that lead to having to
make a decision about something.  We generally call for a motion and a
second.  If that is reached, the Chair will ask if there is anyone
opposed to the motion.  If not, we'll consider the motion passed.

* Meeting minutes: The secretary (currently Martin Atkins) takes notes
during the call.  He will record everything unless otherwise noted.
Some discussions warrant a "closed door" so please mention this if
you're not wanting something mentioned in the minutes.  The minutes
are distributed privately to the board and will be voted on during the
next board meeting.  If approved, they will be sent to the
board at openid.net list as well as posted on wiki.openid.net.

* Timing: Ideally the board meetings will run 1 hour at the longest.
If it can be discussed on the mailing list, it should be.  We're all
busy people so when the meeting is done, the meeting is done.  We
don't have to fill the hour.  I'll ask that everyone keep this in mind
as we're on the calls.

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.  Talk
to you all on Thursday.

- Scott